Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

11.07.2016

Poem: "The Autumn Muse" (First Featured on #WisdomNinja)

Image by Serhio Magpie via Flickr (CC); edited slightly from original

The Autumn Muse
By: Eve Estelle

Reached its end has the effulgent summer,
And blank becomes that earthen canvas;
Let once more the chill wind's breath
Call me forth from my modest dais,
And turn to gold your fields sown
With the seeds of hope, tender love and care -
For by the hand of Saturn are your soils blessed,
When your heart is true and your toils fair.

The curtain falls now upon your verdant blooms,
But do not paint pallid those sanguine smiles;
Nay, nor halt the hymns that ring from heaven,
Such winsome songs that can be heard for miles,
That set fire to the vault and make sweet the air;
For I shall sit beneath the bower,
With an artist's brush and an angel's lyre,
Although wilting is the flower,
And make rain the feathers of the forest -
Enraptured be your poets, your songbirds,
That they may sing in lovely chorus
Of the canary's plumage and the embers,
As you reap the autumn harvest.


Author's Note: This poem was written for and first featured on Alex Cimpoca's (@TheWisdomNinja) website Wisdom NinjaPlease head on over there to view the original post and leave a comment or two! I would greatly appreciate it. :) Make sure to do some exploring, too! You're bound to find something of interest!

5 comments:

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!