Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

5.24.2016

30k Q&A - Answers!


Greetings! We meet again.

Sheesh, these things just fly by. Feels like I posted my original Q&A post yesterday. But you all asked some great questions, and it's time to gather them up! Let's jump right into it, and thank you to everyone who participated!

Questions are listed in the order they were received.

--------
Q: The following questions were submitted by Faith:
Q1: What's your favorite color?
Q2: Briefly describe your dream home. (It's pretty much a question.)
Q3: What's your favorite part of blogging?
Q4: Where do you get the most inspiration for your lovely poems?


A: 

A1:
Can we just stop and admire the gorgeous color scheme in this picture?

Beautiful blue! A dark midnight blue or a light sky blue being my absolute favorite shades.

A2: Tough one. I don't have a specific type of dream home; I'd be happy most anywhere. I think I'd prefer a nature setting, though, and I would love, love, love to have some horses! :)

A3: As a blogger yourself (Faith, that is), I'm sure you understand when I say that there are so many great things about it. I thought this post by Martin over at Martin's Virtual Blog summed it up pretty nicely.

For his second point, "Friends," I don't really participate in that aspect of blogging - as an anonymous blogger, I've told myself from day one that I can't bring anyone here into my personal life. But it's a wonderful community to be a part of. I enjoy interacting with all of you, so much, and I've learned a ton. I've grown a lot here, and knowing that my words are out there for everyone and anyone to see, each post pushes me and encourages me to improve, to become better. So I don't think I have a single favorite part. There's just too many, and they all play an important part in making this the amazing thing that it is.

A4: Inspiration can be very.. unpredictable. I try to come up with a simple answer for this every time I'm asked, but I can't. My inspiration comes from a variety of sources - music, conversations, other writers, random thoughts. Anything that creates a strong atmosphere has a good chance of hitting me right and leading to a new idea. (..And yet it can still be a challenge to come up with them.)

----
Q: Would you ever want your stories to be assigned to and read by students in school? - Submitted by Ava

A: Oh my goodness, my first instinct is to say YES! That would be super cool. But I want people to read my work because they want to and it sounds interesting to them, not simply because they were forced to read it in school. I've seen too many people start to hate certain subjects because of this, and it's sad. As cool as it would be, I don't think I'd want to be a part of that.

----
Q: The following questions were submitted by H.A.:
Q1: I love your playlist!! I have two questions: how did you put the player on your blog..
Q2: ..and where did you find your songs?
Q3: Are you published anywhere?

A: 

A1: Thank you. :) Adding the player isn't too difficult, and that's from someone with next to no coding skills. Just go to the website playlist.me/w/i.php, create your player, and then head to your blog's customizable HTML template (for Blogger at least, I don't know how it works on others like WordPress). Once there, copy and paste the code you received on playlist.me under your <body> or <body ...> tag, and viola!

A2: The songs that I currently have up there are from two fantastic YouTube artists, Adrian von Ziegler and BrunuhVille. I'm a fan of instrumental Celtic music, and I found Adrian through a related search. That later also brought me to BrunuhVille.

A3: Other than this here blog? No, I'm not published.

----
Q: Top 3 favorite poets that inspire you? :P - Submitted by Quayla C.

A: Well, first one has to be Edgar Allan Poe, and I actually just did a post about that not too long ago! You can check that out here, if you'd like.

As for the other two... I can only think of major, older poets - very famous names. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow is one, and Oliver Wendell Holmes is another (specifically his poem "Old Ironsides"). My knowledge of other poets is actually pretty limited lol.

----
Q: The following questions were submitted by Book Lover:
Q1: How old are you?
Q2: How do you keep your creativity going?

A:

A1: I am 18. :)

A2: Oh man, it's a huge challenge sometimes. Every few months or so I take a break from blogging just to recharge my brain. That's a big help, but oftentimes I still don't have anything new in mind when I come back - I have to run into something that sparks my creativity and kicks it into gear again. And like I said above, that could come in any form!

----
Q: If you could witness one historical event... which one would it be? - Submitted by Optimistic Existentialist

A: That's a hard one... Hm. Maybe the construction of the Egyptian pyramids? Or Stonehenge? I would love to finally have those mysteries solved. Although.. Their mystery is part of their charm.

I would also liked to have witnessed any of the world's famous astronomers making their discoveries - particularly Galileo or Edwin Hubble.

----
Q: What is your favorite soda? - Submitted by Carrie @ The Book Goddess

A: I'll have to go with a far too common answer here, but you can't go wrong with a nice cold Coke.

----
Q: What quote is most relevant to your life right now? - Submitted by anonymous

A: Well, for my writing life, probably this one:

------------------------

Sorry if that tweet is huge. No idea how to make it smaller.

Thank you again to everyone who submitted their questions! I hope you enjoyed this little Q&A as much as I did! :)

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that quote you used at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a great one? Perfectly fits my, and most any writer's, situation. I'm gonna have to pin it on my about page, I think.. :)

      Delete
  2. STONEHENGE *SCREAMS* I am //way// too obsessed with the mystery of Stonehenge. YES LET'S GO THERE YES.
    I loved reading your answers! :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm so fascinated by all those ancient mysteries. We need to find a TARDIS, don't you think? lol.

      Thank you Ellie! :)

      Delete
  3. Omg I actually loved Ava's question about students reading your stories at school. :P Your stories would be much more interesting to read than the ones we are actually assigned too or at least better than most of them. I love them and I am pretty sure you have lots of fans :D I always enjoy reading your answers because they are fully detailed and written "funly" ( I don't think that is a word :P ) Omg I love that quote in the end. It is so deep hahaa but I am sure you will achieve it. Your writing is amazing and you are very talented. One day, you will be published :D This was a really fun post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sweet of you to say all that, Heena. I know I reply with those words quite a bit, but I truly do appreciate the kind words. :) I also thought Ava's question was great! Haha, it makes me happy that you think so, but there are many good titles that students are given. It's just usually at the wrong time, when they care little about the subject. :p Mine would be no different (although I do think schools could use more stories with that mysterious edge! ^^).

      Well, it's a word now, lol! I love answering questions like this, and I do try to completely answer each one. Sometimes, especially when I first began blogging (my early posts are so cringe-worthy because of this), I act way too formal, so I've been trying to loosen up more and I hope that comes across. :) I thought that quote was great - I found it so appropriate for what I'm currently doing. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed reading your answers, Eve! :) Q&As are such fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Thank you for submitting your questions! :)

      Delete
  5. Woah, what! I was reading this post (Trying to catch up now we have 1 week off exams) and I find a link to my post. Haha. Feeling very glad that you enjoyed that post. Additionally, you should try to get a book published with all your poems as this content is nation quality. Although unsure how, I would certainly support it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! :) You post a lot of great stuff - and they're short, sweet, and to the point, which makes them very easy to read. Thank you so much! I would love to someday. I've been thinking about creating my own little book of poems, but problem is I don't know which ones or how many I should include. We'll see, I guess. :)

      Delete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!